In normal years, shortly before the holiday, we are running errands, getting holiday gifts, food and drinks for preparing holiday parties with family and friends. I remembered today, that I always loved to cook a big pot of lentil stew 2 to 3 days before Christmas eve. That way I don't have to worry about food and can just go about the tasks...
Well, even now in Corona times, maybe you also have thousands of home projects involving cleaning and organizing, minimizing, strategizing, envisioning, planning, dreaming, dancing...? Or you want to remain in bed or on the couch reading books and watching videos? Either way, here a recipe for my lucky lentil stew.
1. peel or wash all vegetables, including potatoes) and cut into small size pieces
2. sauté onions and vegetables (except bell peppers) in large pot, season with salt and pepper
3. add tomato paste, stir for 2 minutes
4. add soaked and strained lentils
5. add water
6. add spices
7. add bell peppers
8. let simmer on low heat for 45 min.
9. check seasoning and maybe add more salt
10. in the meantime, mince parsley, chop green onions
Serve with a tablespoon of cream (vegan or not) for each bowl, and sprinkle with parsley, green onions and freshly grounded black pepper.
Explore Germany’s rich culinary heritage of seasonal and regional vegetable, fish and meat dishes, fruit desserts, while learning about herbs, their healing powers, and the century-old tradition of organic gardening.
If you love food and cooking and are tired of impersonal tours and tourist attractions, then this unique experience offers an authentic and private look into Berlin culinary lifestyle.