Schöne Heimat - a culinary exploration of Berlin and Beyond
+49 171 1908312
Schöne Heimat - a culinary exploration of Berlin and Beyond
10781 Berlin, Germany
This imprint also applies to our social-media profiles on Facebook, Twitter, google+ and YouTube. Schöne Heimat - a culinary exploration of berlin & byond is responsible for content according to § 55 Abs. 2 RStV. Notice of liability: Despite careful monitoring, we take no responsibility for the content of external links. Owners of linked sites are solely responsible for their content.
TERMS OF SERVICE/
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
About dishes/meats and fish
- Most dishes are not announced upfront, as only fresh and seasonal products are used. We will cook with produce and surprises the seasons offer. When you agree to book with Schöne Heimat, you agree to be in for a surprise. You have the guarantee, that all products are fresh, regional and/or organic (some local farmers don't use pesticides, but are too small to pay for the organic label).
- Vegetarians have plenty of options. Please inform us by sending an email, that makes it easier to plan.
- All meats will be, to our best of knowledge, free range and organic. Fish are mostly regional from the North Sea, or from neighboring northern regions like the Nordic Sea or the North Atlantic.
If you have allergies
- if you have food allergies, it is your responsibility to communicate this upfront by sending an email and we will try our best to work around it.
- the cooking class does NOT teach professional techniques, but basic cooking skills are preferred, but not a must have.
- you can NOT attend a class, if you have an infectious disease of an open wound on your hands.
REGISTRATION & ORDER CONFIRMATION
All registrations for attending any of the market tour and cooking class can be made via our website form or by contacting Schöne Heimat. We are using Paypal payment procedures. By registering for a class you are agreeing to accept all of the terms & conditions.
A confirmation email will be sent with payment details once a booking has been made.
- Full payment is required to reserve a spot in the class.
- Payments are charge in Euros.
- You must register before making a payment.
- Payments may be made with credit card or debit cards.
- When booking is complete you receive a confirmation via email.
CANCELLATION and REFUNDS
Schöne Heimat reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class for reasons concerning Schöne Heimat. If a class has been cancelled due to low attendance, sickness or any other matter regarding Schöne Heimat, you will be notified within 48 hours of the class date and have the option to reschedule to another date, or receive a full refund.
If you need to cancel your booking and don't want to reschedule, Schöne Heimat will refund the full amount if you cancel more than 6 days prior to the date of the class.
If you cancel 5-3 days prior to the scheduled class, a 50% fee will apply, or you can reschedule.
If you cancel within 48 hours of the booked class, No refund will be made and the full amount will be forfeited and no option to reschedule will be available.
A minimum of 3 participants is required to run a scheduled market tour and class. In case the class doesn't fill up, Schöne Heimat reserves the right to reschedule the class or refund in full. If we reschedule, you will be notified as soon as possible and no later than 48 hours before the class.
ATTENDING A CLASS
We would like the market tour/class to start on time and ask you to turn up at the beginning of the class.
If you will be late or can't make it for any reason, please let us know as soon as you can by calling or texting +49 171 1908312.
What to bring: Schöne Heimat supplies all ingredients needed, aprons & recipes.
General Terms and conditions
RIGHT TO REFUSE: Schöne Heimat holds the right to refuse a person to participate if the guide and instructor feels they may cause harm to themselves or anyone else attending the class.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
When participating in a Schöne Heimat cooking class, the participants will be using sharp and potentially dangerous tools in the kitchen environment. As a participant you alone carry the risk for self-inflicted injuries or damage to your clothes, as well as injuring others or damaging the property of others. In case you injure somebody else, or damage their clothes or other property, you are solely reliable directly to this person. By booking and making full payment for a scheduled tour/class/lunch with Schöne Heimat, you automatically agree to release, and exclude Barbara Schulte-Huermann, (Schöne Heimat) and possible helpers/employees from any and all liability of any kind for any damage or injury incurred while attending or visiting Schöne Heimat. The liability of Schöne Heimat/Barbara Schulte-Huermann and possible helpers/employees for any damage or injury incurred while attending or visiting Schöne Heimat, is excluded for slight negligence.
As a participant you understand these terms and conditions and accepts the inherent risks of a kitchen environment.
Wednesday classes start at 9.00 AM, changing slightly with seasons.
Saturday classes start at 8:30 AM, changing slightly with seasons.
We recommend you come 5 to 10 minutes early, so the group doesn't have to wait for you and leaves to the market without you.
DAMAGE/LOSS OF PERSONAL PROPERTY
Schöne Heimat will take NO responsibility for the damage to or loss of private items left, during or after a class.
DAMAGE/LOSS OF SCHÖNE HEIMAT PROPERTY
In case you damage property belonging to Schöne Heimat as a result of inappropriate conduct, including walls, doors or other parts of the interior you are held financially responsible for repair or replacement.
CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF SCHÖNE HEIMAT
In case Schöne Heimat is unable to provide for your class due to circumstances beyond our control, Schöne Heimat is not responsible for any costs, damages or expenses that you may suffer or incur.
This website is operated and owned by Schöne Heimat/Barbara Schulte-Huermann. The use of this website is subject to our terms and conditions.
APPLICABLE LAW and PLACE OF JURISDICTION
- German law shall apply in all legal disputes.
- Exclusively German law is valid for the business relationship between you and Schöne Heimat/Barbara Schulte-Huermann.
- The agreement about the place of jurisdiction is likewise for German and foreign clients.
- Place of execution and of jurisdiction for all services and legal disputes is exclusively the registered place of the business offering the service, in this case: Schöne Heimat/Barbara Schulte-Huermann in Berlin, Germany.
1. Name and contact details of the controller
2. General for data processing
a) Legal basis for the processing of personal data
Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for processing of personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) serve as legal basis.
In the processing of personal data that are necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR serve as legal basis. This also applies to processing operations required to carry out pre-contractual actions.
Insofar as processing of personal data is required to fulfill a legal obligation that is subject to our company, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR serve as legal basis.
If processing is necessary to safeguard the legitimate interests of our company or a third party, and if the interests, fundamental rights and fundamental freedoms of the person concerned do not outweigh the former interest, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR serve as legal basis for processing.
b) Data deletion and storage duration
The personal data of the data subject will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of the storage is deleted. In addition, such storage may be provided for by the European or national legislator in EU regulations, laws or other regulations to which the controller is subject. Blocking or deletion of the data also takes place when a storage period prescribed by the standards mentioned expires, unless there is a need for further storage of the data for conclusion of a contract or fulfillment of the contract.
3. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose of their use
When you visit our website www.schoeneheimat.com, or www.moderngermanfood the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information will be collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
– IP address of the requesting computer,
– date and time of access,
– name and URL of the retrieved file,
– Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
– the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The data mentioned are processed by us for the following purposes:
– ensuring a smooth connection of the website,
– ensuring comfortable use of our website,
– Evaluation of system security and stability as well
– for further administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes listed above. In no case we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you.
Duration of storage: In the case of storing the data in log files, this is the case for up to seven days. An additional storage is possible. In this case, the IP addresses of the users are deleted or alienated, so that an assignment of the called client is no longer possible.
4. Disclosure of data
A transfer of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below does not take place.
We only share your personal information with third parties if:
– you have according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR given yours express consent to this
– the transfer according to Art. 6 (1) S.1 lit. f GDPR is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
– in the event that disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 (1) S.1 lit. c GDPR is a legal obligation, as well
– this is legally permissible and according to Art. 6 (1) S.1 lit. b GDPR is required for the settlement of contractual relationships with you.
In the cookie information is stored, each resulting in connection with the specific terminal used. However, this does not mean that we are immediately aware of your identity.
In addition, to improve usability, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a specified period of time. If you visit our site again to take advantage of our services, it will automatically recognize that you have already been with us and what inputs and settings you have made, so you do not have to re-enter them.
The data processed by cookies are required for the purposes mentioned to protect our legitimate interests as well as the third party according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or always a hint appears before a new cookie is created. However, disabling cookies completely may mean that you can not use all features of our website.
6. Affected rights
You have the right:
– in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can provide information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the right of rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a right to complain, the source of their data, if not collected from us, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and if necessary, meaningful information about their details;
– in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, immediately demand the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored with us;
– in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims is required;
– to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data according to Art. 18 GDPR, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject its deletion and we no longer need the data, but you assert this, Exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
– to receive, in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, your personal data provided to us in a structured, standard and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another person in charge;
– according to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, to revoke your once given consent to us at any time. As a result, we are not allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future. The revocation of consent does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
– in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, to complain to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of its place of residence, place of work or place of alleged infringement, if you believe that the processing of your personal data infringes the GDPR.
7. Right to object
If the processing of your personal data are based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct mail. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying any particular situation.
If you would like to exercise your right of objection, please send an e-mail to email@example.com