Schöne Heimat - a culinary exploration of Berlin and Beyond
10781 Berlin, Germany
This imprint also applies to our social-media profiles on Facebook, Twitter, google+ and YouTube. Schöne Heimat - a culinary exploration of berlin & byond is responsible for content according to § 55 Abs. 2 RStV. Notice of liability: Despite careful monitoring, we take no responsibility for the content of external links. Owners of linked sites are solely responsible for their content.
TERMS OF SERVICE/
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
About dishes/meats and fish
- Most dishes are not announced upfront, as only fresh and seasonal products are used. We will cook with produce and surprises the seasons offer. When you agree to book with Schöne Heimat, you agree to be in for a surprise. You have the guarantee, that all products are fresh, regional and/or organic (some local farmers don't use pesticides, but are too small to pay for the organic label).
- Vegetarians have plenty of options. Please inform us by sending an email, that makes it easier to plan.
- All meats will be, to our best of knowledge, free range and organic. Fish are mostly regional from the North Sea, or from neighboring northern regions like the Nordic Sea or the North Atlantic.
If you have allergies
- if you have food allergies, it is your responsibility to communicate this upfront by sending an email and we will try our best to work around it.
- the cooking class does NOT teach professional techniques, but basic cooking skills are preferred, but not a must have.
- you can NOT attend a class, if you have an infectious disease of an open wound on your hands.
REGISTRATION & ORDER CONFIRMATION
All registrations for attending any of the market tour and cooking class can be made via our website form or by contacting Schöne Heimat. We are using Paypal payment procedures. By registering for a class you are agreeing to accept all of the terms & conditions.
A confirmation email will be sent with payment details once a booking has been made.
- Full payment is required to reserve a spot in the class.
- Payments are charge in Euros.
- You must register before making a payment.
- Payments may be made with credit card or debit cards.
- When booking is complete you receive a confirmation via email.
CANCELLATION and REFUNDS
Schöne Heimat reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class for reasons concerning Schöne Heimat. If a class has been cancelled due to low attendance, sickness or any other matter regarding Schöne Heimat, you will be notified within 48 hours of the class date and have the option to reschedule to another date, or receive a full refund.
If you need to cancel your booking and don't want to reschedule, Schöne Heimat will refund the full amount if you cancel more than 6 days prior to the date of the class.
If you cancel 5-3 days prior to the scheduled class, a 50% fee will apply, or you can reschedule.
If you cancel within 48 hours of the booked class, No refund will be made and the full amount will be forfeited and no option to reschedule will be available.
A minimum of 3 participants is required to run a scheduled market tour and class. In case the class doesn't fill up, Schöne Heimat reserves the right to reschedule the class or refund in full. If we reschedule, you will be notified as soon as possible and no later than 48 hours before the class.
ATTENDING A CLASS
We would like the market tour/class to start on time and ask you to turn up at the beginning of the class.
If you will be late or can't make it for any reason, please let us know as soon as you can by calling or texting +49 171 1908312.
What to bring: Schöne Heimat supplies all ingredients needed, aprons & recipes.
General Terms and conditions
RIGHT TO REFUSE: Schöne Heimat holds the right to refuse a person to participate if the guide and instructor feels they may cause harm to themselves or anyone else attending the class.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY
When participating in a Schöne Heimat cooking class, the participants will be using sharp and potentially dangerous tools in the kitchen environment. As a participant you alone carry the risk for self-inflicted injuries or damage to your clothes, as well as injuring others or damaging the property of others. In case you injure somebody else, or damage their clothes or other property, you are solely reliable directly to this person. By booking and making full payment for a scheduled tour/class/lunch with Schöne Heimat, you automatically agree to release, and exclude Barbara Schulte-Huermann, (Schöne Heimat) and possible helpers/employees from any and all liability of any kind for any damage or injury incurred while attending or visiting Schöne Heimat. The liability of Schöne Heimat/Barbara Schulte-Huermann and possible helpers/employees for any damage or injury incurred while attending or visiting Schöne Heimat, is excluded for slight negligence.
As a participant you understand these terms and conditions and accepts the inherent risks of a kitchen environment.
Wednesday classes start at 9.00 AM, changing slightly with seasons.
Saturday classes start at 8:30 AM, changing slightly with seasons.
We recommend you come 5 to 10 minutes early, so the group doesn't have to wait for you and leaves to the market without you.
DAMAGE/LOSS OF PERSONAL PROPERTY
Schöne Heimat will take NO responsibility for the damage to or loss of private items left, during or after a class.
DAMAGE/LOSS OF SCHÖNE HEIMAT PROPERTY
In case you damage property belonging to Schöne Heimat as a result of inappropriate conduct, including walls, doors or other parts of the interior you are held financially responsible for repair or replacement.
CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF SCHÖNE HEIMAT
In case Schöne Heimat is unable to provide for your class due to circumstances beyond our control, Schöne Heimat is not responsible for any costs, damages or expenses that you may suffer or incur.
This website is operated and owned by Schöne Heimat/Barbara Schulte-Huermann. The use of this website is subject to our terms and conditions.
APPLICABLE LAW and PLACE OF JURISDICTION
- German law shall apply in all legal disputes.
- Exclusively German law is valid for the business relationship between you and Schöne Heimat/Barbara Schulte-Huermann.
- The agreement about the place of jurisdiction is likewise for German and foreign clients.
- Place of execution and of jurisdiction for all services and legal disputes is exclusively the registered place of the business offering the service, in this case: Schöne Heimat/Barbara Schulte-Huermann in Berlin, Germany.